Friday, May 19, 2006

Where no sane woman has gone before...

"If you cannot change the path, change the traveler."
"Necessity is the mother of invention."

Warning: This post is for those who have an open mind with regards to the bubblings of the blogger. We don't know if this is a product of a person slowly losing her mind. If you can take it, read on.

These past few days I was asking why people seems to be going away and I seem to be at a point of stagnation. It's either they are assigned onshore or work overseas for better opportunities or the most painful separation, a falling out because of pride and misunderstanings.

Of course, lingering questions need some answers. We schedule a session with Bong the Empath (from previous posts) and dahon, the egyptian priestess agreed to accompany me again to Runes (runes is a divination tool but ironically, they don’t have runes reader right now).

Anyway, I felt so low during the day and I even texted dahon that I wasn't up for a reading. I might negate the energies of Bong and I might unwittingly be an energy vampire. So, off I went to Glorietta (theme song in the background: "Dito ba.. ohhh dito ba.. ditow baaahhh.. o ditowww bahhh" – visuals: Anto riding the FX in major EMO mode. Funny eh? Hihihi

Then, dahon called and enticed me to go. Ok, I agreed, Bong might give some answers that I need. When we were together and on our way to Timog, the egyption priestess texted us that Bong can't make it. (a signus?). So off, we went to dinner.

We just casually talked about the rising prices of readings and jokingly said that we should buy tarot cards and do the divination ourselves. Ding (in moves – a light bulb will turn off on the right hemisphere of the brain). Naah... that too much for me, and I didn't think of it at that time.

The next week, I chatted with my seatmate, office friend about tarots and about studying tarots for economy. We just laughed and shrugged it off. So, I googled it and read some stuff about Tarot.

Then we went to lunch (dahon, Elizabeth and I). Dahon gave me a Osho Zen Tarot book (another signus?).

Dahon and I went to powerbooks and thanks the heavens I was with dahon because I really can’t ask the saleslady to open up all the tarot boxes so I could see what they look like (I remember a scene from harry potter wherein the wand choses the wizard).

The fist time I saw the Railey Wailer card deck, I was just surprised because that's the term I remember when I googled the word tarot. I was hesitant because, oh my gosh, what am I getting into? Presumptousness to the highest level! Blasphemy! Moi, a tarot reader? But I told myself, this is just for fun. It will keep me occupied and help me keep my sanity.

So that the story why I start on this new hobby of mine.

Crazy? I know! I seem to have heard them all -

"Di ba para sa mga gifted lang yan" – (reply—feeling ko gifted ako.. hehehe)
"Mahal naman! Waste of money!" – (reply – Yun lang... “)
"Labas mo na kodiko mo... " – (reply – embarassed smile)

Yup, I was even laughed at but I just shrug it off. I like what I do because I am really fascinated with people and their stories. Sometimes I ask them to ask questions that are juicy (tsismosa talaga), hahaha.

Of course, I am now doing readings. Presumptousness again, it might be imagination, but of course, you can feel if the person seated across the table is testing you, doubting you, sleepy, or really gited.

My easiest read was with an officemate buddy. I feel that she's gifted herself so sometimes she offers explanations and the cards are in order, the story coherent and she also interprets some. I am enticing her to buy a deck herself. Alas, cards can't be borrowed, if only I could, I would lend her mine so she could study.

My theory is, the figure in the tarot wakes up something in the unconscious, maybe because I like telling stories that's why I like tarot reading. I feel that Bong the Empath is a living Tarot creator – Image maker. The seeker will interpret the image that Bong (the reader) sees. As a baby tarot reader, I need the image to interpret and I also believe that the seeker can understand.

No comments: